Sunday, February 27, 2011

Catch Up

I decided a while ago that I needed to write more on here, but I didn't know where to start. So, naturally, I procrastinated. Well, I am making up for it now.

The Chocolate Society is really going great. In the beginning, I wanted a group of fellow chocophiles with whom I could join in geeking out about arcane elements of my chocolate passion (and theirs). I harbored some pipe dreams about being part of something special that would one day garner national or international attention in the still rather small chocolate community, but having fellow nerds would be enough.

Well, nerds we are. And I am loving it! Each meeting is so much fun, and I look forward to seeing everybody. All the chocolate keeps me up rather later than I anticipate each time - though one might think I would catch on at some point. I come home completely wired and ebullient, feeling great, but not in the least bit tired.

We have so far hit on topics such as blind-tasting Madagascar bars, examining the difference between Rio Caribe (NE Venezuela) and Lake Maracaibo (NW Venezuela), blind tasting Ecuadorian and Dominican bars, zeroing in on the flavors of Amedei's blends and the constituent origins, the subtlety of Domori (in person that would come across as a joke for those in the know - take my word for it), and the effects of great chocolate in filled confections. To any and all members who may come across this - thank you so much for joining with me in all the craziness!

We have some fun news, but why stop at one post tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment